Grape Juice or Red Wine
- Blot! Blot! Blot! with a dry towel. Do not rub! The key here is to absorb as much liquid as possible
- Pour lemon juice directly onto the stain
- Brush in the lemon juice with a soft brush
- Follow up with a carpet cleaning product such as Resolve
- Call us!
- Blot! Blot! Blot! with a dry towel. Do not rub. The key here is to absorb as much liquid as possible.
- Mix equal parts (about one tablespoon) liquid dish soap, white vinegar, and water into a paste
- Apply the mixture to the stain and gentle pad it in
Wax is tough, because once it dries it hardens, and when it is wet (or hot) it is tough to work with, and it dries fast.
- With a butter knife, very gently scrape and probe the hardened / dry wax off. Vacuum the shards up with a vacuum attachment
- Take a damp towel, and place it over the wax
- Using a hot iron, iron the towel and the wax will begin to stick to the towel (don’t use a good towel)
- Repeat step 3 until its gone
- You can also try a hairdryer to make the wax hot enough to extract
We love our animals, so much sometimes that they pee on our carpet and we don’t even get mad at them 🙂
- Tell your dog: “no! no! no!” immediately after they pee, then take them outside and show them where to go. This falls more in line with pet training than carpet removal, but it is the most effective way of doing it.
- Blot! Blot! Blot! Our preferred blotting technique is Bounty Paper towels. Get 4-5 folded together and press frimly into the carpet. Get a fresh batch of paper towels, and reblot until you can’t see any more yellow.
- Spray some lemon juice / water into the stain, and reblot
- We recommend using this product from Amazon to spray and re-blot
Remember, even after removing the stain and using chemicals your pet will smell this spot, and attempt to “re-pee” so keep watch over them!
General Stain Removal
Regardless of if you dropped coffee, red wine, or even a whole Salisbury steak on your rug the general steps are as follows:
- Blot! Blot! Blot! Our preferred blotting technique is Bounty Paper towels. Get 4-5 folded together and press frimly into the carpet. Get a fresh batch of paper towels, and reblot until you can’t see any more of the stain.
- Brush in a mixture of lemon juice and or your favorite carpet cleaning mixture with a soft brush. Let sit for a few minutes.
It may sound cliche, but removing stains from a carpet is less about the tools / checmical you use and more about the technique. I’ve seen people spill something in the rug and “rub back and forth” and make the stain entirely worse!